Making a Complaint
If you wish to make a complaint against a member, please read through our Complaint Guidelines and Sanctions Handbook. If you are not sure whether your complaint would be appropriate, or whether you have the grounds to make a complaint, please contact the Secretary, Disciplinary Process, who will discuss the situation with you confidentially and can explain the disciplinary process.
Please note that no complaints should be directed through AIA Branches or third-parties, all complaints should be directed to the Secretary, Disciplinary Process, at the AIA Head Office.
Please use this form to submit your complaint.
If you are considering disclosing information to AIA relating to whistleblowing, please read AIA's Complaint Guidelines which set out how AIA works to keep your identity confidential.
If you come across an accountancy service provider (ASP) or trust and company service provider (TCSP) that does not appear to be regulated under the Money Laundering Regulations 2017 or appears to be ignoring the regulations, and you want to report it confidentially, you can do one of the following:
- contact their anti-money laundering supervisor
- if their supervisor is AIA, you can report this to us confidentially at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 0191 493 0269
- if AIA is not their AML supervisor, you should contact the relevant supervisory body.
- contact the MLR Central Intervention Team at MLRCIT@hmrc.gov.uk
The more detail you can give, the easier it will be for us to consider what our response should be. The following information is all useful:
- the names of any individuals involved
- any key dates you know about
- the 'how', 'what' and 'where' of any supporting documents or evidence
- the type of wrongdoing and who else knows about it.
You don't need to give us your identity or contact details, although it would make it easier if we need to clarify things or ask for further information.