AIA CONTRIBUTE TO INAUGURAL COMPANIES HOUSE STAKEHOLDER ENGAGEMENT ROUNDTABLE

AIA were delighted to attend the inaugural Companies House Stakeholder Engagement roundtable meeting for accountants at Chartered Accountants Hall last week (31 May 2018). The CEO of Companies House, Louise Smyth, attended along with members of the Companies House team to discuss current issues and challenges in the accountancy sector with key personnel from professional and representative bodies.

The key subject areas discussed included online filing and collaborative working.

Currently 80% of all accounts are filed online and Companies house would like to explore ways to persuade the remaining 20% to follow suit as 99% of all account formats can be accepted online by Companies House.

The idea of developing some form of recognised agent was discussed with professional bodies encouraging members to promote digital reporting and promote Companies House’s principles.

It was agreed that the group should meet quarterly and AIA will provide members with updates in due course.